Sunday, February 12, 2006

Moonlit Dawn


I awoke this morning to a strange and beautiful dawn. The Sabbath came in with a rich blue morning light shot through with the burnished gold of a lingering full moon. Such a sight, such a wondering sight it was to see the full moon resting on the mountain top as the world grew soft with daylight.

Ah Father, that moon hung like a sign in the dawn sky. What are You telling us? That You are here? That mystery and enchantment cluster close about us and great wonders drop miraculously into our skies if we would but have the heart to see? Oh Moon-Maker, my giver of morning treasure. Thank you for waking me. Know that I have seen. I am awake, body and soul this mysterious blue morning.

My book last night said that humankind is innured to the glory of creation round him. But for me I couldn't agree less. Father, this world of yours, this earth and sky trembling with storms, this rolling land of trees and bright mountains and moons like signs of war or glory in the morning sky, how could I be blind to them? Thank You, oh thank You for this picture, this moment of glorious sight. I know in my heart beyond any doubt that I live daily in a reality of sacred mystery. I can't always see it though with these searching eyes. But this blue and gold dawn brought it near, heartbeat, heartsong near.

I am so glad.

4 comments:

crossblade said...

Just posting this here..in case u dint see the other one...
---------------------
mmm well..I have never been in the US!!!

but in India, we do take calculus in school...but most of my friends who are engineers... want to get their masters from US universities cause some high end tech stuff like 'nanotechnology' arnt taught in our country....I love my country..I'd die for her..but that doesnt mean I should hide facts...


and I dont think...that Indian schools are the best in inculcating values into Kids
well there were instances when grade 10 kids (a boy and a girl) made a lewd video and circulated it to their friends thru there mobile phones....but I must say they are lesser than in the US..true we do have moral science classes and we are allowed to pray in school..

and I live in kerala that boasts 100% literacy though @ the national level its less...which is a cause for concern...

well hummingbird I hope u get the whole picture clearly...sorry brother if I was rude!!

Ruth said...

How beautiful. I wish I could have been there to see it, although I felt that through your words I was there. It reminded me of one of my favorite sayings: "The earth has music for those who listen"

Queen Mum said...

A favorite comment of mine is,"God is so good". I'd like to add that comment to this post.
Hello to Eucharisto.

Eucharisto said...

I hope I never become inured to the glory of God! What a sad day, because there is so much overwhelming beauty that God has created that I would be a very cold and desensitized person indeed if I were inured to the glory of God.
Thank you for reminding me of the ability I have to see such beauty around me every day.