Friday, September 30, 2005

Georgetown

I greet you from the cedar laden streets of Georgetown. I know that this is an odd time to begin writing again after a nearly six month hiatus, but, oh well. Life is a strange, many splendored thing and I just sat down today and started writing. Who knows why, but it's nice to have a spot of time. Now, don't expect anything inspired since I can't write in an inspiring way when I'm hot, and Texas is always hot. (Sorry all you Texans out there, this state and I kind of grate on eachother.)

However, I did discover this quote today which is worth a few more people in the world knowing about. So, to begin my blogging existence again, I will open with these words:

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."
~Henry David Thoreau

I'm thinking in this sort of way lately; life demands an advance in the direction of dreams and I intend to make it. May you all have a dream advancing day.

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Nice to have you back. Thank you for those encouraging words. I hope you find your dreams, and when you get to Oxford, I want to come visit you :)

Anna E. P. said...

It is an intriguing (sp?) quote. It brings me back to a question I thought about; how does one measure success? Dreams are beautiful things and I'm glad you are pursuing towards yours.

Queen Mum said...

Dreams, now that's something I've not thought about in a while. Lately I have been thinking about such things. It's funny, my friends think it is my age, and I think it is that one child is in college, and the other two are pretty much self sufficient, giving more time to actually think of myself and what I want. I truly hope you achieve your dreams. I am praying for you. Nice encouraging quote!

Andrew Price said...

Or as Bob Dylan said,

"You got some big dreams Baby/but in order to dream you gotta still be asleep."

Granted it's maybe not quite as positive as ol' Henry's, but I think the two follow the same lines in that they emphasize the need to really and truly pursue your dreams, not in the abstract warm fuzzy sense that that word (pursue) is commonly used, but in the more concrete sense of a dog tired, panting chase that calls on everything you have, and even (sometimes) that which you don't have and only God can give.

You probably don't need to be told this, you've felt the weariness of that divine chase (I'm thinking of the chase in The Man Who Was Thursday), and this is the last thing you need to hear. But for me, as I'm just getting started in this area; this is something I need to be reminded of every day, that's probably why I'm saying it now.

Sorry for the long comment! You just got be thinking, I didn't mean the splatter you and your readers with my thoughts!

Anyway, God bless you as you chase after Him and seek to help others along the way.