Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Autumn Storm

Autumn is here, glory be! She came tonight like a thief in the night and we were taken completely by surprise. At five o clock the sun was out and laughing, by seven, the world was covered in clouds and thunder and the mountains were completely invisible under the winter clouds moving in.
Autumn is here; season of firesides, season of color. Strong wind and music and trees that turn otherworldly in their dying glory. Hot chocolate and mysteries, first snowstorms and last sunny days. Dusky afternoons and cloudy days, oh I love it. It is glorious to the soul of this dreamer who loves to take long walks and think and then write it all down. This is the season of good thoughts I think, there is so much to inspire them.
Autumn is here!

5 comments:

Why said...

Only someone from Colorado could talk about winter clouds in October.
Anyway, I too have noticed fall has come but also there is something to be said for the Spring months, when you have been huddled inside all winter and then the sun starts to come out more and green appears in the flower beds and on the trees. But Auttum is still good. Especaily after coming off a hot summer.

Queen Mum said...

Hello! I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get by for a visit to your blog. I have been reading and I am enjoying your writings very much. I am also very thankful for the opportunity to have met you over the summer. I have been praying for you since, and consider you a friend. Speaking of Autum, I believe today is the day it arrives (weather wise) for us. Yesterday it was 92 and the high today will be 69. I'm so excited. There is something so special with season changes. God is so good to bless us with wonderful seasons to inspire us. Maybe we will see some of your inspiration in post form. God bless.

Eucharisto said...

Yep, autumn is here, and judging from what the weather looks like outside right now, is going to be leaving as quickly as it came. 1 1/2 feet of snow, sounds suspiciously winterish!

Why said...

She came again and now 22 days later she appears to be leaving but then again I can't know how busy she is or what is taking up her time. But I can say one thing "How come we didn't get a foot and a half of snow in October when we were living there?"

Ruth said...

I miss reading your creative and inspiring words. Hoping to hear something from you soon :)