Thursday, April 27, 2006

Celestial Seasonings Surprise



Who could have known that Colorado of all places would be the home of one of the biggest tea companies around? I've never been much of a Celestial Seasonings drinker because I'm somewhat of a tea snob and go straight for my Yorkshire Gold imported from England.
But after the lovely trip up to Boulder to their plant on Monday, I might be at least a little swayed. In fact, I'll even give the herbal teas a try. I'm going to try them anyway if only because I love the whimsical artwork, the delightful quotes and the fact that the company was begun by four college kids looking to make a delicious, heatlh tea. That tea turned into the "Sleepytime" Blend so beloved of so many people.
I love stories like that, especially when they're carried out in such creative, colorful ways. Anyway, I was delightfully surprised. If any of you wonderful people ever visit, I shall take you up to see this rather fascinating little place.
And as a plus, we'll drive back home through the mountains.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I really enjoyed reading what you wrote about Easter and the Passion play (the story in your mom's email). It is really encouraging to read and you and your family are definately in my prayers. Love you!

Anna E. P. said...

As you know I do not like tea. But I do enjoy looking at the box of Celestial Seasonings tea. If I ever "happen" to be in your neck of the woods the tea plant sounds lovely. A lot better then the coffin plant I went to.