Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Auf Wiedersehen


We leave Vienna today, lugging our suitcases down to the Ubahn and then off to the next country.


It's been a blessed time. We had Sacher Torte yesterday, sipping our melanges (cappuccinos) in the red velvet lounge and enjoying every bit of our famous cake. There is so much tangible beauty here in the paintings and streets, the old buildings with their statues and ironwork, the flower shops and cobblestones and music being played at every street corner.


I want to take time to consider what beauty does for the soul, because this place is richer in touchable loveliness than almost any place I have been, and I think that somehow, it makes God's grace tangible to human eyes.


I'll have to mull that one as I'm flying.


For now, Guten Tag von Vienna (good day from Vienna), I'm on the road again!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Thanks for sharing a bit about your trip. I've been dreaming of Vienna all week :)

Eucharisto said...

Sounds like so much fun! Glad you guys are having a good time. I was praying for your flight this morning, hope it went ok. Email me, if you get a chance, or else I might.