Tuesday, March 20, 2007

This Good Day

The sky is blue. It is warm enough for a long walk. And I can actually hear birds singing. I think I may have to run outside rejoicing. After the incessant storms of this Colorado winter and the endless march of bone-chilling days, we have had a string of sun dappled days as precious to me as a string of pearls. My window is open as I type, the fresh air seeping into every corner of my room. Lord be praised! Winter is over and gone, at least for the moment.

Just in case you're interested on this lovely day:

I'm guest posting a Lenten reflection over at Alastair.Adversaria; a blog I have enjoyed lurking about lately.

The C.S. Lewis Foundation has just announced their newest conferences. I'm determined to make at least one.

And finally, in case you are looking for some good springtime reading, I am greatly enjoying a book of nature drawings and reflections that I got for Christmas and am just now getting around to reading: Letters From Eden. I'll probably write about it at some point because it has that quality of thought about simplicity and nature that I so long to pursue in my own life.


And now I must scurry away and enjoy the sunshine. I will leave you with a bit of springtime rejoicing via Wordsworth:

There’s joy in the mountains;
There’s life in the fountains;
Small clouds are sailing,
Blue sky prevailing;
The rain is over and gone!

No comments: